"The integrity of the NFL begins with and is maintained by its game officials. Just do the right thing!"
Dr. Jim Tunney, Former NFL Official
- November 11, 2020
- October 5, 2020
- September 11, 2020
- August 31, 2020
Getting Started Guidebook
Developing and Establishing an Effective Integrity Program for Sports Officiating
Implementing effective integrity programs will enable sports officiating to catch up with the business community where such programs have been common for many years and proven in preventing, detecting, and correcting wrongdoing.
The “Getting Started Guidebook” was created to help educate officiating leaders about the essential elements and benefits of a compliance/integrity program, before tackling the hard task of establishing an effective program. Any new initiative takes a champion to get the program off the ground and this guidebook helps you ask the hard questions to assess your current program.
While the Guidebook was developed for sports officiating leaders, it is a valuable resource for leaders of any sports organization who are concerned about preventing wrongdoing within their organization.
New NASO Integrity Resource Center
The NASO Integrity Resource Center was created to provide services and resources to sports officiating leaders who wish to establish an integrity and compliance program within their organization. The following services and resources are provided:
- The mission of NASO
- Introduction to the NASO board of directors
- Why your organization should have a integrity and compliance program
- Informative articles and blogs written by sports officials
- Code of Conduct of Sports Officials for the NFHS and NASO
- A dedicated session for officiating leaders at the annual NASO Sports Officiating Summit featuring prominent professionals from the integrity, compliance and ethics fields
Educational Programs and Informational Services
- Information available through the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- The Basic Compliance and Ethics Academy (This three-and-a-half day intensive program focuses on subject areas at the heart of the compliance practice)
- National and Regional Conferences and Institutes
- Web Conferences
- Compliance 101, Second Edition (How to Build and Maintain an Effective Compliance and Ethics Program)
- Daily Blogs available at complianceandethics.org
- Weekly newsletters
Many organizations have no standards, the NASO board believes establishing standards is an important first step to take, go to: NASO Minimum Standards for an Effective Integrity Program for Sports Officiating.
For further information on the NASO Integrity Resource Center, go to the Contact Us page.